Lee Heidhues – 6.22.2022
This morning I read the news that San Francisco Mayor London Breed tested positive for Covid – 19. What really grabbed my attention is Breed’s spokesperson PARISA SAFARZADEH. A position which she has held since last month.
As a zealous follower of all things San Francisco, particularly with the successful Mayoral backed Coup d’etat against District Attorney Chesa Boudin, I am familiar with the Mayor’s media team.
Safarzadeh’s appointment as Mayor Breed’s media public face comes close on the heels of the appointment of former SFPD PR flak Matt Dorsey to fill a seat on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
These two appointments raise the issue of how much Mayor Breed is surrounding herself with people whose close alliegance and experience with law enforcement is well documented.
This is troubling, particularly since Breed has successfully removed a Progressive District Attorney – Chesa Boudin who brought balance to San Francisco City Hall’s increasing law and order administration.
I did a bit of sleuthing. It took a couple of minutes. Ms. Safarzadeh has a robust Linkedin profile.
- Harris County Texas Sheriff’s Office – Social Media Manager – 2012-16; 2017-18
- Nextdoor – Social Media Manager – 2018-19
- Nextdoor – Communications for Public Agencies 2019-20
- Deputy Director Information Dissemination & Analysis – SF COVID Joint Information Center 2021-22
- Media Unit Lead – Joint Information Center 2022
In Ms. Safarzadeh’s Linkedin profile is another accolade.
- Trailblazer Award – Women in Law Enforcement Symposium